A "Cook" is a recorded session that includes graphing of your cook. This allows you to track cook times, manage temperatures, add notes and descriptions to your cook, share cooks with friends and on social media, and upload pictures.
To record a cook, your device must be registered and connected to ShareMyCook.
- To start recording a cook, go to the main dashboard and select "My Account" from the top of the page and select "My Recorded Cooks" from the drop-down menu. Click "Add New".
- If you want to create a cook quickly, just type in a name for your cook, select your grill, select your device, and then click "Save and Start Recording". If you're not ready to start recording, you can just click "Save", and start recording later.
- Select the grill you will be using for your cook by clicking on the circle next to your grill name. *Note: If you haven’t added a grill to your profile yet, you must click ‘"Add Grill" before continuing.
- Select which device you will be using for your cook by clicking on the circle next to the picture of your device. *Note: If you haven’t added a device to your profile yet, you must click ‘"Add Device"
- To describe your cook, enter the type of food you are making and its weight next to "Food 1", "Food 2" or "Food 3". For example, type "Ribs" or "Pulled Pork".
- If you have a saved recipe you would like to select, click the drop-down menu next to "Recipe". (If you want to add a new recipe, click "Add New Recipe".)
- When you save your cook, it will automatically be made public on ShareMyCook by default unless you change your privacy settings. If you only want specific people to view your cook, you can password protect your cook by clicking the checkbox next to "Password Protect Cook?" You will then be prompted to type in a password of your choice to make the cook private. If your cook is password protected, users will need to enter your password before they can view it.
- By default, other users will be able to make comments on your cook. If you want to disable this option, uncheck the box next to "Allow Comments".
- By default, other users will be able to rate your cook on a scale from 1 to 5 stars. If you want to disable this option, uncheck the box next to "Allow Rating".
- If you are not ready to start recording, you can click "Save" so you can start recording later.
- If you are ready to start recording, click "Save and Start Recording". Your cook will now be recording your temperatures in real time and you will be automatically directed to a list of your recorded cooks.
- From the "My Recorded Cooks" page you can start or stop your recording.