Adding a recipe to your ShareMyCook account allows you to track delicious recipes, share them with friends, and save them for future use.
- To add a recipe, go to the main dashboard, click "My Account" and select "My Recipes" from the drop-down menu. Click on the orange "Add" button.
- Type in the recipe's name and describe it. If you do not have your account set to private, then these details will appear publicly in the recipe section.
- Enter the amount of time it takes to prepare and cook your recipe by clicking the drop-down menu next to "Prep Time" and "Cook Time" and select how many hours and/or minutes it takes.
- Enter how many people the recipe serves by typing the amount next to ‘Serves’.
- To enter the ingredients for your recipe, type it inside the box labeled ‘Ingredients’. Only list one ingredient per line. For each ingredient, add a new line by hitting the enter button on your keyboard.
- To enter the directions for your recipe, type it inside the box labeled ‘Directions’. Only have one direction step per line. For each step, add a new line by hitting the enter button on your keyboard.
- To upload a photo of your recipe, click ‘Choose a File’ and select a photo from your computer. *Note: image must be a PNG, JPEG, or GIF.
- Click ‘Save’ once completed.
- You will be automatically redirected to your recipes library page. To edit recipes, click the ‘Edit’ button next to the recipe that you want to adjust. To see how your recipe appears in the public recipe area, click the "View" button next to the recipe you want to view.